Oracle Transforms the Student Experience with Oracle Student Cloud
PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — EDUCAUSE — Empowering higher education institutions with the data-driven intelligence and tools they need to deliver a personalized, modern student experience, Oracle today announced Oracle Student Management as the newest entry in the Oracle Student Cloud suite. Enhancing the traditional capabilities of student information systems (SIS), the offering transforms the student experience with new capabilities for student recruiting, engagement, support and management. With powerful built-in Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine-learning and predictive analytics, Oracle Student Management can proactively anticipate student needs, monitor progress and make suggestions when students appear to be at-risk or going off course.
«With the introduction of adaptive intelligence in the new Oracle Student Management module in Oracle Student Cloud, Oracle is bringing higher education out of the shadows and into the main stage,» said Nicole Engelbert, director of research and analysis, Ovum. «For institutions looking to upgrade their student information systems, Oracle Student Cloud provides a comprehensive student experience throughout the student lifecycle, from recruiting through graduation. This solution will enable the institution to promote student success, as they improve retention and graduation rates. «
Two decades ago, most schools built the SIS infrastructure around transactions, such as registration and enrollment. Today, there is a pressing need to collect and use data to understand students and create more productive, meaningful and lasting relationships with them. Modern student cloud solutions must re-imagine the student journey to meet current expectations across the entire student lifecycle. Using the right tools, institutions will be able to anticipate the needs of their students and illuminate the right path to empower them to succeed.
«The higher education experience is transforming overall – from what students expect, to how they are pursuing their learning goals,» said Vivian Wong, Oracle’s group vice president of Higher Education Development. «As such, colleges and universities need to be more flexible, agile and responsive in their approach – meeting student expectations across new channels and modes of communication. This will require new intelligence and tools to help students carve their own unique path and find success. Oracle Student Cloud was built around this modern mentality and geared to help schools and their students succeed together.»
Architected from the ground up as a student-centric offering, Oracle Student Management will initially support a Continuing Education business model with subsequent updates providing the full spectrum of support for traditional models. This first release allows students to use any mobile device or personal computer to easily:
- Self-create an account: no waiting on paperwork or administrator data entry, students can create an account, find learning and enroll all in one sitting.
- Find learning opportunities (e.g., courses) using modern search paradigms: from intelligent type-ahead searching to curated postings like trending and highlighted courses to the use of configurable facets and filters to narrow results, students can quickly and easily find their way to just the right class.
- Enroll and Pay-as-They-Go: with a streamlined business process and point and click interface, students can quickly progress through finding their class (including the number of open seats), adding it to their cart, and paying for it. Students get quick access to the learning they need, and institutions instantly see the status of enrollments and the financial viability of offerings.
- View Courses: with one click access, students can view their current courses, either in a filterable List View or with Course Cards that provide additional details like meeting times, credits, location (with embedded mapping) and a more at-a-glance format.
- Manage Finances: students can monitor their financial situation with on-demand access to view and manage their individual account.
With the addition of Oracle Student Management, Oracle Student Cloud enables higher education institutions to interact with students at all stages of the student lifecycle, including optimizing:
- Student Engagement: personalize the student journey by delivering relevant, targeted, cross-channel outreach and engagement, deepen social interactions, deliver content in context to targeted audience segments, and demonstrate marketing’s impact on the institution’s goals.
- Student Recruiting: meet enrollment goals by boosting pipeline and improving forecasting, managing recruiters and their territories, driving recruiting results with complete mobility, and optimizing recruiting performance with powerful analytics.
- Student Support: deliver the best, fastest resolution by guiding the student’s personal journey based on their needs, empowering students with mobile-friendly web self-service, knowledge, and social tools, adapting support processes to meet student’s rising expectations and changing behaviors, and reduce support costs through improved productivity.
New solutions for Student Financial Aid, Student Success, and Advancement are planned for Oracle Student Cloud in the near future. Enabling institutions to reduce cost and complexity with a truly end-to-end system, Oracle Student Cloud also integrates seamlessly with other Oracle Cloud solutions, including Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle Financials Cloud. From managing employees and assigning instructors to classes, to managing students’ accounts and providing easy payment processing during the enrollment process, these solutions work together to provide users all the tools they need to better serve the needs of students and administrators.
See a demo of Oracle Student Cloud in action at Educause booth #901.
The Oracle Cloud offers complete SaaS application suites for ERP, HCM and CX, plus best-in-class database Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from data centers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), please visit us at oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oracle-transforms-the-student-experience-with-oracle-student-cloud-300547100.html